Soccer News NetBig Apple SoccerLA Soccer NewsChicagoland Soccer NewsDallas Soccer NewsPhilly Soccer NewsNew England Soccer NewsNew England Soccer News HomeD.C. Soccer NewsSunshine Soccer News


June 4, 2016
Cosmos don't clinch race remains open

Soccer News Net staff

FORT LAUDERDALE - Jose Angulo and Geison Moura struck each side of halftime giving the Fort Lauderdale Strikers a 2-1 win over the New York Cosmos Saturday at Lockhart Stadium.

The Cosmos could have locked up the Spring title with a win. Fort Lauderdale (4-2-3, 15 pts), is now just three points behind New York with a game in hand as they travel to FC Edmonton to end their 2016 Spring campaign.

Angulo opened the scoring for the home side in the 35th minute on a header from close range after defender Dalton stretched to flick on a corner kick taken by Ramon Nuñez.

Moura made it 2-0 in the 74th minute with a low shot from the edge of the box that beat goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer at the near post.

The Strikers held a 2-0 lead until the second minute of stoppage time when Juan Arango tallied for the Cosmos from a freekick.
Full story from Sunshine Soccer News
Full story from Big Apple Soccer

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. Georgi Hristov scored both goals, lifting the Tampa Bay Rowdies to a 2-1 win over the Ottawa Fury FC Saturday night at Al Lang Stadium.

The win kept the Rowdies alive in the race for the Spring Season title and an automatic berth in The Championship, the NASL's four-team playoffs.

Hristov's first against Ottawa was a delightful chip over Fury FC goalkeeper Romuald Peiser in the 20th minute .
Soon after halftime, in the 49th minute, Ottawa leveled the match on a Carl Haworth goal. A shot from Mauro Eustaquio was blocked by Juan Guerra, but the ball ran to Haworth in open space for a shot past Rowdies goalkeeper Matt Pickens.

Hristov's game winner came just three minutes later. Cole dribbled through a handful of Fury FC defenders and drew in even more before spring Hristov in on goal with a lengthy through ball. Hristov took a touch and then finished with the outside of his right foot to put the Rowdies ahead 2-1.
Full story from Sunshine Soccer News

YUKON, Okla.---Tyler Gibson scored in the 70th minute, giving Rayo OKC a 1-0 win at Miller Stadium Saturday night, while knocking Minnesota United out of the hunt for the NASL Spring Championship.

The win was the first at home for the Rayo OKC (3-4-2, 11 pts.). Minnesota falls to 4-4-1, 13 pts. Has the Loons won, they would have moved into second place.

The game winner came as Richard Menjivar sent a cross the far post for Gibson, who shot across the goal to give Rayo the lead.

Late sub Christian Ramirez gave Minnesota its best chances of the game as time wound down. The first came after Stefano Pinho headed down a cross, letting the ball fall for Ramirez who blasted a volley on frame, only to be denied by a spectacular effort from goalkeeper Daniel Fernandes.

Ramirez also poked a slow shot at Fernandes to generate a rebound, but the ball bounced just out of the reach of second half substitute Bernardo Añor.

CARY, N.C.--- The Jacksonville Armada FC was able to notch their first clean sheet of the year as they battled the Carolina RailHawks to a scoreless tie in front of 5,786 fans at WakeMed Soccer Park Saturday night.

The match was delayed nearly an hour and a half due to lightning in the area and featured a number of scoring chances for each club. The Armada’s Miguel Gallardo made two saves and Carolina’s Akira Fitzgerald registered six saves to pick up clean sheets.

The Armada (1-5-3, 6 pts.) were able to get six shots on goal to the RailHawks’ ( 4-3-2, 14pts) two.
Full story from Sunshine Soccer News

MIAMI---Miami FC and Indy Eleven played to a 0-0 draw at FIU Stadium Saturday night.
It was the third straight clean sheet for Miami, who is now unbeaten in their last three NASL matches.

Miami (1-4-4, 7 pts.) goalkeeper Daniel Vega made one save, while Indy (3-0-6, 15 pts.) goalkeeper Jon Busch made three.

Blake Smith had a good chance to strike the ball from outside of the area in the 39th minute and curled a threatening shot on target, but Busch handled it.

Vega kept the match scoreless in the 42nd minute when he made a full stretch save on a hard shot from Indy midfielder Omar Gordon.
Full story from Sunshine Soccer News

Contact Us | Help | Advertising Information | Terms of Use |Privacy Policy | Site Map
Sports Vue Interactive
© 2015 Sports Vue Interactive, LLC. All Rights Reserved